WE ARE PROUD TO MANUFACTUREOUR LINE OF CLOTHING WHILE UPHOLDING THE STANDARDS OF INDUSTRY-LEADING CERTIFICATIONS!
Hugo Loves Tiki's line of clothing is made with safety and health in mind, making it safe for children's skin being free of harmful chemicals and substances. It is also important for us to produce articles in a way that minimizes environmental impact for the well-being of our planet and future generations.
PREMIUM QUALITY CLOTHING MADE RESPONSIBLY.
Hugo Loves Tiki produces garments that are Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified, the world's leading product label for the measure of harmful substances in textiles.Oeko-Tex Standard 100 is a global product label that contributes to high product safety because consumers are assured that certified products do not contain harmful substances.The required criteria of the Oeko-Tex Association are often far more stringent than national standards. The same requirements are imposed on the products, regardless of the country in which they are produced and analyzed. Through extensive product control and regular visits to textile manufacturers, Oeko-Tex ensures responsible use of chemicals.The strictest requirements are the ones concerning articles for babies and toddlers up to 3 years of age. While articles worn in contact with the skin also have strict requirements. Hugo Loves Tiki is certified under product class 1, which achieves all of the above requirements.
GOOD FOR HEALTH AND THE ENVIRONMENT.
The GOTS certificate ensures top quality, defining high-level environmental and social criteria throughout the supply chain in the production of textiles and clothing. It includes everything from agriculture, harvesting, production, processing and manufacturing, as well as packaging and branding. GOTS stands for Global Organic Textile Standard and is the most recognized certification of organic textiles worldwide. The GOTS certificate guarantees that a product is completely organic, from the sowing and harvesting of raw materials, to the full finish of the product.
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) guarantees that a clothing item is made from 95% certified organic natural fibers. The remaining 5% (e.g. buttons or zippers), must be made of sustainable or recycled materials.
The GOTS certificate is not only important for protecting you a consumer, but also ensures safe and proper working conditions for farmers and seamstresses with the right to trade unions and a proper living wage salary.
The GOTS certificate ensures safe and proper working conditions for farmers and seamstresses with the right to trade unions and a living wage salary – not just a minimum wage.
GOTS certification also means that our textiles are free of hazardous chemicals. Any chemicals used must not be toxic, carcinogenic, endocrine disrupting or environmentally harmful.